- Kavita is born as a family business of four in Lithuania. The company begins business by trading eyeglasses frames. It all starts with a trip to Köln (Germany), where Kavita meets its first business partners, finds commodity prices, and establishes terms of delivery.
- Kavita begins ordering and selling eyeglasses lenses.
- Having noticed a need for reading glasses, Kavita starts producing mineral eyeglasses lenses.
- The company has 8 employees.
- Kavita visits the exhibition in Mido (Milan) and Silmo (Paris), following which it starts selling ophtalmic equipment, medical instruments, and other medical goods. Since then, Kavita continues to be a regular at these annual exhibitions.
- The company expands internationally by starting business in Latvia.
- Kavita starts cooperating with famous Spanish company INDO and ordering high-quality eyeglass lenses and frames. Kavita also starts selling Carolina Herrera, Paco Raban, Lacoste, and other famous-brand eyeglass frames.
- Kavita starts working with the Spanish company Avizor, from which it buys eyedrops and contact lens solutions.
- Kavita also cooperates with the famous Japanese company Topcon, which sells ophthalmic equipment.
- Kavita has 21 employees.
- Kavita becomes the only official partner in the Baltic States of world-leading contact lenses manufacturer Johnson & Johnson.
- The company’s turnover consists of 50% eyeglass frames and lenses, and 50% medical equipment purchased by hospitals, private optical surgeries, and general practitioners.
- The main suppliers are companies from China, Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, Spain and Italy.
- Kavita starts collaborating with Italian company Viva (which since 2013 has changed its name to Markolin), becoming its distributor for their Gant, Sketchers, and Harley Davidson brand eyeglass frames.
2006 - 2010
- Kavita wins the “Gazelle” award every year and is recognised as one of the most successful and fastest growing companies in Lithuania.
- Kavita becomes the member of the Maþeikiai Business Association, which aims to unite entrepreneurs in order to create favourable legal, psychological and cultural conditions for business.
- The company starts working with the Italian company Alison, which gives them rights to distribute Sisley, Iceberg, Zero, and United Colors of Benetton eyeglass frame brands.
- The company receives appreciation from the Telsiai County State Tax Inspectorate for increasing tax contributions to the budget.
- Kavita expands business to Georgia and starts manufacturing eyeglass frames.
- The company has 38 employees.
- Kavita becomes a distributor of Japanese company Charmant and obtains rights to distribute such eyeglasses frame brands as Esprit and Elle.
- Kavita founds the National Opticians Association, which aims to unite companies and individuals working in opticianry businesses and help create a competitive environment that enables the development of high-quality optical products and accessories.
- The company becomes a distributor of Italian eyeglasses brands such as Calvin Klein, Lacoste, Chloe, and Liu Jo.
- Kavita begins manufacturing spectacle lenses.
- Kavita supplies Estonian, Latvian, and Georgian markets with optical goods.
- The company starts manufacturing trial eyeglass lens sets and trial eyeglass frames.
- The company has 53 employees in Lithuania, 6 in Georgia, and 1 in Estonia.
2013 - 2015
- The National Opticians Association wins the European Union sponsored project “Optical workers professional qualification improvement,” which facilitates the training needed to raise the qualification of employees. For the duration of the project, Kavita employees participate in 18 different training sessions and seminars, dedicated to all employees, from managers to warehouse staff.
- Kavita has 59 employees in Lithuania, 5 in Latvia, and 8 in Georgia.
- Kavita has implemented Quality management System ISO 9001:2015 in the Scope of Registration for Wholesale, maintenance and repair services of Medical equipment, tools, optical goods and accessories.
- Implementation of warehouse management system – Equinox.
- Kavita establishes partnership with new suppliers for eyeglass lenses from Germany – Rodenstock, France – BBGR and Italy – LTL s.p.a.
- Kavita becomes an official distributor of Rodenstock eyewear among the Baltic countries.
- Kavita becomes an official representative of Johnson&Johnson‘s brand Acuvue in Slovakia.
- Kavita becomes an official distributor of Menrad‘s eyewear brands, such as, Davidoff, Morgan, Jaguar, Joop!, and Menrad in the Baltic country region.
Years of intense work have helped Kavita establish close relationships with medical equipment suppliers from all over the world, expand the assortment of medical goods on offer, and focus on the quality of equipment and innovations to satisfy the most demanding customer requirements. Our extensive experience allows us to offer customers not just high-quality optical and medical goods, but also a wide range of services.
Managing Director and Founder
We've had some glorious moments. But we have constantly been on a steady, gentle, upward slope, and I think that keeps us grounded. There's no overnight success and we haven't dealt with a whole lot of success and failure